Celebrate Mothers Day in Pismo Beach
Mother, godmother, grandmother, aunt, friend… Mother’s Day is the time to celebrate the women who personify the role of mother. While a mama’s job is far from simple, honoring mom is easy, especially when you’re in Pismo Beach. So put a few of these to-dos on your itinerary for May 12, 2013, and mom will be truly impressed.
Outdoor Entertainment in Pismo Beach
Moms are known for ordering their kids to, “Go outside and play!” Get some fresh air as a family with a scenic walk down Pismo Beach and the Pismo Pier. Or opt for a leisurely stroll on the Bob Jones Trail, working your way toward Avila Beach. Walk, run, bike, or blade it and stop at the quaint trail-side restaurant along the way for a snack and some vino.
How many times did mom sing you to sleep or sing away a boo-boo? Now it’s her turn. Budget a little time into the day to catch the first act of the Pacific Breeze free concert series at Dinosaur Caves when the Damon Castillo Band performs on Mother’s Day from 1 to 4 p.m.
Anything But Home Cooking
Nothing pays homage to mom quite like a delicious meal – so book her for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even just dessert at one of these tasty Pismo Beach restaurants:
- A cute café with outdoor seating, The Honeymoon Café in Pismo Beach is known for its breakfast and brunch specialties, including orange zest French toast, huevos rancheros, and homemade jam. Weekends are crowded, so plan accordingly!
- Mon Ami is a family-owned European Style Café and Espresso Bar in the heart of Pismo Beach. All the food at Mon Ami is made from scratch using original recipes, from Belgian waffles to paninis, crepes to real fruit smoothies. And don’t leave without indulging in an espresso or coffee, spiked with fine Ghirardelli syrups.
- Its highly rated scenic view isn’t the only thing making Steamers of Pismo Beach a hot spot. Indulge in their special Mother’s Day Champagne Buffet from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (reservations highly recommended!) or schedule a lovely dinner out between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. for seafood, pasta, salads, steaks, or award-winning clam chowder.
- The Avila Beach location of the Old Custom House makes it a fab breakfast and brunch spot – especially since they serve these leisurely meals on the weekend until 2 p.m. Dig into a giant Belgian waffle or create your own omelet. Order up a luscious breakfast dessert and consider it a new Mother’s Day tradition!
- Cuvee Champagne Bar and Bistro is one of Avila Beach’s newest establishments. They’re offering a special Mother’s Day menu, but don’t be deceived by the name of this growing hot spot – kids are more than welcome and can check out the young customers menu while mom enjoys some well-deserved bubbly.
- Looking for a low-key but special way to recreate childhood memories of ice cream runs on hot summer days? Treat mom with a trip to the Avila Valley Barn Ice Cream and Sweet Shoppe. Sixteen ice cream flavors, non-dairy sorbet, homemade fun, and homemade specialty candy – this is a place you just can’t miss.
Escape to Pismo Beach
No one ever said Mother’s Day only has to last one day. Make a long weekend of it at the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel in Pismo Beach. We’re offering an extra-special Mother’s Day Escape for deserving moms. Book Saturday, May 11 through Tuesday, May 14, 2013 and enjoy a delicious discount. Learn more.