Pismo Beach Fuels Fitness Buffs in September
Beaches may bring to mind lazy days and lounging, but Pismo Beach is a treasure trove of activity for the able-bodied who have energy to spare.
Choose Your Fitness Speed on the Central Coast
There are fitness classes in Pismo Beach to suit everyone’s speed, interests, and abilities. Just spending a few days in Pismo? Drop in for a fun diversion. Expecting a longer stay on the Central Coast? Sign up for ongoing camps or courses.
- Paddleboarding: Stand-up paddleboarding is all the rage in the world of water sports and this introductory clinic on Saturday, September 21, invites folks ages 12 and older to tread water for a unique view of Pismo.
- Tennis: A tennis clinic hosted by DM International Tennis Academy on Thursday, September 26, at Palisades Tennis Courts is an opportunity for kids (over age 10) and adults to develop the physical and mental skills required by tennis while enjoying a demanding but rewarding sport.
- Dance: Fancy footwork isn’t just for Dancing with the Stars. Drop in at the Pismo Beach Veterans Hall beginning Monday, September 9, to learn ballroom dance like the waltz, foxtrot, tango, syncopation techniques and more. Or guests – age 14 and older – can opt for the Latin American dance class with favorites like salsa, cha-cha, and meringue. For the mature crowd (50+), the Hall hosts themed senior dance socials every second Monday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Walking: The Pismo Beach Walking Club invites early birds to lace up those walking shoes at 7:55 a.m. for a one-hour, 2.5-mile jaunt on the sands on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Meet your walking buddies at the Pismo Pier.
- Fishing: You can drop your line from Pismo Pier, or join in an exciting kayak fishing excursion. Fishing from a small, silent paddle craft gets serious fisher-folk into spots powerboats can only dream of accessing. Take a guided fishing trip or class.
Out and About in Pismo Beach
The hills and streets of Pismo Beach are exercise in and of themselves, with plenty of diversions along the way. Eclectic shops, art galleries, surf stores, and restaurants galore mean you can fuel up in between your jaunts around town.
When not pounding the sand, runners often find their way in between Pismo Beach and Avila Beach on the Bob Jones Trail. A beautiful nature run on a paved path, this trail is also inviting to bicyclists, dog walkers, and the stroller set.
Whatever activities suit your disposition, time, and energy level, there is always the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel in Pismo Beach to come home to every night or to catch a quick recharging nap in the afternoon. Our central location gives you easy access to all of these Pismo Beach fitness features and then some.