Who does not love fresh fruit, vegetables, fish and flowers? Here in Pismo Beach and the surrounding communities we are quite spoiled with our abundance of farmers’ markets, most of which are held year round thanks to the amazing weather and abundance of fresh seasonal produce always available.
According to the San Luis Obispo County Farmers’ Market Association, here are the top ten reasons why shopping at a Farmers’ Market is better than buying anywhere else:
- A Healthy Lifestyle is created and sustained through “just-picked, vine-ripened and best-tasting produce.”
- A Friendly Community of fishermen, farmers, bakers and families comes together on a weekly basis.
- You can taste the Freshness brought to you through produce picked the same day it goes to market.
- The Flavor is unbeatable because the produce is not picked until it is ripe. Produce ripened on the tree or vine adds significant flavor.
- Numerous Varieties of every product are available. From over 70 apple varieties to Tuscan and Russian kale and lemon and Tai basil, you can enrich your life with flavor the healthy way.